Monday, February 6, 2012

Challenge Time

Found some time the other day to make a card for the Just Add Ink challenge for this week which is a colour challenge to use only Red and White.  I also decided to use the sketch from the challenge at Try Stamping on Tuesday.


I used Riding Hood Red, Whisper White and Confetti White card stock but I have also added a touch of Pink Pirouette (that is of course red and white together).  I stamped on the top Whisper White piece and them smudge it with a sponge and on the Whisper White mat I have spritzed it with the colour spritzer tool and a marker.  All the edges have been distressed  and I have painted some of the butterflies with Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  I have used a White Organza ribbon with some basic pearls and rhinestones to finish it off.

7 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, Rhonda! I'm loving the butterflies - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all of the butterflies. Thanks for playing along at try stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty Rhonda. I love the background stamping and all the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Rhonda I love that embosslet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flight of butterflies Rhonda! The embossed background lots great and I bet its super sparkly with the shimmer mist! Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterflies are free! Love how yours seem to fly from the paper. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I love this Rhonda..the butterflies and background stamping is fab. Thanks for playing along with us this week at JAI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading what you think.