Sunday, February 27, 2011

it's the thought...

Well I did manage to get into my craft room (yes I have my own room now, that's what happens when one of your darling children leave home) and made a card for my brother and his family who live in Christchurch.  Luckily they live in an area which wasn't badly affected by the earthquake.

I also decided to enter this card into two challenges this week the Just Add Ink colour combo and the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch challenge.



 The colour combo for us to use was Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and River Rock but I don't have River Rock so I have used Crumb Cake instead as my card base. I have then used Cherry Cobbler  and Daffodil Delight card stock and Very Vanilla Ribbon.  The stamp set is one I hadn't inked up before called It's the Thought which is a level one Hostess set from the Summer Mini available until the end of March. I coloured in the flowers and vase with markers and blender pens and added some Rhinestones and a little pearl.  I also sponged the edges with some Daffodil Delight ink.

9 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with this colour combo Rhonda! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love clean and simple design. You did a great job on our challenge. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Rhonda on figuring out how to combine both challenges. I can not think of one for the JAI challenge. You did them both proud. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am glad to see at least one of us has managed to ink up that stamp set!! I still didn't make it to my craft room yesterday. You are putting me to shame with this lovely entry Rhonda. Great use of a tough colour combo - thanks for playing at JAI!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your family are safe Rhonda.
    Your card will cheer them up I am sure, it is lovely, I am in this challenge too! So good luck to both of us.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute Rhonda -- love this clean look and your color combo. Welcome to Try Stampin' On Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done with both challenges!!! Your card came out great! Thanks for play 'Try Stampin On Tuesday';-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what youve done and giggle about the craft room..mine is starting to take over the whole house.lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading what you think.