Monday, June 27, 2011

A Scrapbook Page

Well this is something new for me, I had a go at a scrapbook page on Saturday.  Have some photos of my children (not really children any more) and decided to use this photo of my son Todd who is 21.



It was taken at Castlepoint on the Wairarapa coast so I have made it a beach theme.  It has been kept very simple but I have used the sketch from the latest Just Add Ink Challenge to help me.

 I have brayered Marina Mist for the sky and Crumb Cake for the sand and then I found the crab from the It's the Thought set and decided to stamp that on the sand.  I have used the Silver Smooch Spritz and some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint as well.  I have also used a stamp from the French Foliage set to make a background on the Sahara Sand card stock the photo is mounted on.  I used the computer for the the name and place.

4 comments:

  1. Great page Rhonda- and fab brayering :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your brayering is wonderful! Such a great way to recreate a beach scene. Very brave to attempt your first scrap page. I hope to see more from now on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brayering for your background and the cute little crab stamp to complete the beach theme. I have a 21 year old son too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have shaded the cardstock....the beachy theme works well. Chantell (JAI DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading what you think.